Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Israeli Spy Vulture

Well, I still have my testostricles.  At least I did last time I looked.  In a mis-guided attempt to alleviate her erroneous  perception of my pining for company Chook put a mirror in my cage.  What does she think I am?  A bloody budgie?!  Anyway it scared the living daylights out of me.  For a moment I thought that there was another guinea pig as gorgeous as me.  I hid in my little red shelter and pretended it wasn't there.  A little denial never hurt any of us did it?

Now, on a less serious note than the fate of my genitals.  I have suspected that humankind is utterly insane for some time.  I'm reminded of that every day living with Pea and Chook.  However I had my suspicions confirmed today whilst watching the news on the telly.  The Saudis have arrested a vulture on a charge of spying for Israel.  Yep.  That's right.  What are they going to do?  Haul him up before the beak?  Ha ha! Get it, get it?  Behead him publicly in Riyadhs Chop Chop Square?  Can you believe it?  Everyone knows that the Israelis can't even control their own armed forces.  Look what happened at the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps in Lebanon in 1982, also in their last Lebanese adventure and that heavy-handed attack on that Gaza peace flotilla in May last year.  (Yes I know all about those events.   I may be just a guinea pig with endangered reproductive organs now, but I'm certain that in a previous life I was someone of influence and intellect.  As soon as I find out who, I'll get Pea to write my biography and make a fortune.  At least Pea will make a fortune.  Maybe then he'll buy me a game boy.)

So, anyway.  As I was saying.  How can a nation that has no control over it's own armed forces be expected to control a vulture who would much rather be pecking the eyes from a dead camel than soaring above the Empty Quarter taking snap shots of Saudi nuclear plants?  Doesn't seem likely does it?  Release the Vulture I say.  Just don't release it in my direction.

Here in Queensland the rain keeps falling and idiots keep driving onto flooded causeways and the like.  Aren't humans supposed to have some sort of superior intelligence?  I thought Queensland was supposed to be "The Smart State."  From now on I'm going to call it "The Land of the Rising Damp."

No comments:

Post a Comment